Not only can wood floor restoration help to revive your floor’s natural beauty and extend its lifespan, but it can also have significant environmental benefits.
Wooden floors are a beautiful and timeless addition to any home or business. Over time, however, they may start to show signs of wear and tear, and their natural beauty may fade away. In such cases, many people consider replacing their old wooden floors with new ones. However, this can be a costly and environmentally damaging option.
With our environment suffering more and more, I know many of us don’t want to add to it! I want to try and prevent it from worsening for my future grandchildren… after all, that’s the most important thing! “Children are our future”, after all! Even though we have done significant damage already, trying to stop more will be better than doing nothing.
This article will explore some of the environmental benefits of wood floor restoration and why it’s an eco-friendly option for homeowners and businesses. Also, know if the company you choose is environmentally friendly.
What are the environmental benefits of restoring your wood floor?
There are a few reasons restoring your wood floor can benefit the environment. The four main reasons are:
Reduces waste in landfill:
Restoring your wood floor will reduce the amount of waste caused by replacing old flooring materials. This waste then ends up in landfills and contributes to environmental problems such as:
Greenhouse gas emissions
Natural resource depletion.
Improves air quality in your home:
The use of eco-friendly products and materials in wood floor restoration can help improve your indoor air quality, which is important for the health and well-being of your family.
Looks after natural resources:
Although it takes years for wood to grow and mature, it is a naturally renewable resource. You can protect natural resources by refinishing old wood floors and lowering the demand for new wood flooring supplies.
Reduces Carbon footprint:
New flooring materials are produced using a lot of energy and produce greenhouse gas emissions. You can reduce the carbon emissions caused by the shipment and manufacture of new materials by refinishing old wood flooring.
As you can see, refinishing your wood floor in an environmentally responsible manner helps to cut down on waste, enhance indoor air quality, protect natural resources, and lower carbon emissions. It is an important step for improving sustainability and safeguarding the environment for coming generations.
How do I know if the company is environmentally friendly when restoring my wood floor?
- There are many ways to find out if a company is environmentally friendly when restoring your wood floor. Here are some tips:
- You can also look for UK-specific certifications, such as the UK Woodland Assurance Standard (UKWAS), which ensures that the wood used is sustainable in the UK.
- Inquire with the business about its procedures and the items it employs to restore wood floors. An ecologically friendly business often uses low-VOC paints, eco-friendly cleaning agents, and other sustainable goods.
- To find out if a business has a solid reputation for being environmentally friendly, look at reviews and customer comments. If the business has previously used eco-friendly materials and procedures, they will do so again for your project.
- Verify the company’s website to see if it contains a sustainability policy or environmental purpose statement. This displays their commitment to minimising their environmental impact and priority for sustainability.
Using these tips, you can figure out if a company is environmentally friendly when restoring your wood floor and choose a company that fits your values and priorities.
To find a company near you, check out this blog:
Not sure if you have an engineered or solid wood floor? Then click on the link below to find out:
Download our eBook…
To learn more about caring for your wood floor!
Written by Tracey Gilbey, Marketing and Admin Coordinator at Art of Clean.
For further advice or information on our Carpet and Soft Furnishing care, please do not hesitate to contact the Art of Clean team on 01223 901551 in Cambridge. Our services include Carpet Cleaning, Upholstery Cleaning, oriental and area Rug Cleaning, Curtain Cleaning, Patio, and Driveway Pressure washing, Leather Cleaning, Stone and Tile Floor Cleaning, and Wood Floor Sanding and Restoration. We also supply new flooring and carpets through our sister company Art of Flooring. Our Dry-Cleaning service is provided by Farthings Cambridge